Grass Fed Beef
Grass-fed Beef…Better by Natural Design
We feel good about offering our Non-GMO, 100% grass-fed beef to our customers. Our customers have said they feel good about buying our products because they know they are purchasing healthy, flavorful food for their families and promoting conscientious agriculture supporting an age old way of life. Our cows are raised right here on our farm and we care for them properly by treating them with respect and kindness. The food they consume is their native all grass diet. They get exercise, sunshine, fresh water, minerals, fresh air and live the way that’s the healthiest for them by natural design…plus they have a great view of the Central Michigan area!
Score Ten for Grass-Fed Beef!!
Grass-fed beef is better for human health than grain-fed beef in ten different ways, according to the most comprehensive analysis to date. The 2009 study was a joint effort between the USDA and researchers at Clemson University in South Carolina. Compared with grain-fed beef, grass-fed beef was:
1. Lower in total fat
2. Higher in beta-carotene
3. Higher in vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol)
4. Higher in the B-vitamins thiamin and riboflavin
5. Higher in the minerals calcium, magnesium and potassium
6. Higher in total Omega-3’s
7. A healthier ratio of Omega-6 to Omega-3 fatty acids (1.65 vs. 4.84)
8. Higher in CLA (cis-9 trans-11), a potential cancer fighter
9. Higher in vaccenic acid (which can be transformed into CLA)
10. Lower in the saturated fats linked with heart disease
How much meat will I get?
Let’s break it down…
A 1,050lb beef animal will have a total carcass weight of approximately 672lbs or 64%.
From that 672lb carcass, typically customers will get:
- 33.5% ground and stew meat
- 33% roasts and low value steaks
- 21% high value steaks
- 12.5% other meats (heart, tongue, liver)
Whole BeefApproximately 403 lbs of Beef
- 135 lbs. of ground and stew meat
- 132 lbs. roasts and low value steaks
- 85 lbs. high value steaks
- 50 lbs. other (heart, tongue, liver)
1/2 BeefApproximately 201 lbs of Beef
- 67 lbs. of ground and stew meat
- 66 lbs. roasts and low value steaks
- 42 lbs. high value steaks
- 25 lbs. other (heart, tongue, liver)
1/4 BeefApproximately 100 lbs of Beef
- 34 lbs of ground and stew meat
- 33 lbs. roasts and low value steaks
- 21 lbs. high value steaks
- 12 lbs. other (heart, tongue, liver)
*Prices subject to change without notice. Weights are approximates. Your total packaged weight can vary.