Grass Fed Beef
Grass-fed Beef…Better by Natural Design
We feel good about offering our Non-GMO, 100% grass-fed beef to our customers. Our customers have said they feel good about buying our products because they know they are purchasing healthy, flavorful food for their families and promoting conscientious agriculture supporting an age old way of life. Our cows are raised right here on our farm and we care for them properly by treating them with respect and kindness. The food they consume is their native all grass diet. They get exercise, sunshine, fresh water, minerals, fresh air and live the way that’s the healthiest for them by natural design…plus they have a great view of the Central Michigan area!
Score Ten for Grass-Fed Beef!!
Grass-fed beef is better for human health than grain-fed beef in ten different ways, according to the most comprehensive analysis to date. The 2009 study was a joint effort between the USDA and researchers at Clemson University in South Carolina. Compared with grain-fed beef, grass-fed beef was:
1. Lower in total fat
2. Higher in beta-carotene
3. Higher in vitamin E (alpha-tocopherol)
4. Higher in the B-vitamins thiamin and riboflavin
5. Higher in the minerals calcium, magnesium and potassium
6. Higher in total Omega-3’s
7. A healthier ratio of Omega-6 to Omega-3 fatty acids (1.65 vs. 4.84)
8. Higher in CLA (cis-9 trans-11), a potential cancer fighter
9. Higher in vaccenic acid (which can be transformed into CLA)
10. Lower in the saturated fats linked with heart disease
How much meat will I get?
R-Value Farms sells freezer beef for $3.00/lb hanging weight + $75 processing fee. The example below are averages. Weights are approximates. Each animal will hang and cut with slightly different weights. Your final total packaged weight and price can vary.